Wednesday 4 January 2012

:: Dedicated to my Grandma, Marie ::

To coincide with the launch of Teeki's website I am launching my blog - something I have wanted to do for a while now!

I myself am a big follower of bridal blogs and love the inspiration and ideas they bring for brides for their big day. I hope that you will visit here often as I endeavour to share things I love in regards to all things weddings and bring you ideas to inspire creativity and individualism to your wedding - make it true to yourself and reflect whom you are and not what the wedding trends say you should be!

I also want to take this opportunity to dedicate my Teeki venture and website to my Grandma. She passed away on November 14th 2009 and I miss her so much everyday. She was super supportive in everything I did and loved following my studies at Fashion college and hearing about my dreams.

She keeps me going through the hard times and I know she is watching down on me and sharing the good times. It is because of my Grandparents that Teeki is where it is today and I hope to make them more proud everyday as Teeki continues to grow.

I wanted to share with you some photos of her on her Wedding Day, 14th April 1949. Unfortunately there is no photos from the day - my Grandma married my Grandad at a registry office.

My Grandma, Marie Barrow, also grew up in an orphanage so we only a few photos of her - and I wanted to share a couple of these with you.



My Grandma all dressed up for the Town Hall Dance


Grandma & Grandad <3


My Grandma (2nd from the left) loved to play hockey like I did - and even rocked a headband just like me.


My Grandma and Grandad (right) worked in the Tobacco and also picked apples together.



Grandma & Grandad (left)

Love you forever, think of you always <3


No comments:

Post a Comment