Saturday 25 February 2012

:: Denise & Ryan's Vintage Bliss ::

Denise was my first international bride and will always hold a special place in my heart... <3



I just adore her wedding photos and I wanted to share them with you as my first 'real bride' post.

In August last year Denise contacted me after seeing my work published on Polka Dot Bride. She had just moved back to Canada from Australia. She'd had a veil made but it was just not working...with only two weeks to get it made and posted to Kamloops, Canada, for her hair trial, I was on a mission :) Two weeks after that was the wedding and it was a nervous wait to hear her thoughts...

"It's here!!!!! and it's beautiful!!!!! Perfect!!!!! Oh my gosh, seriously, it is exactly how I imagined! The parcel could not of come at a better time too. I have my hair trial #2 today and your model on your business card has exactly the hair I'm thinking.

Thank you so much Amy. I love that the veil is a 2 in 1 piece as well.

You've been nothing buy supportive with this whole process and I really appreciate it. Talk to you soon. 11 days now!"


Held at her family home, Denise and Ryan tied the knot in a GORGEOUS rustic and vintage setting, styled magically with lots of DIY touches. Captured by an amazing photographer, Owen Imaging, prepare to be left breathless...













Denise was inspired by the family farm being very rustic but yet modern on its own. So thought rather than fighting the surroundings she would just go with it and bring cute DIY touches wherever she could.

"As for colour I must admit I really lucked out. I had no idea how everything was going to come together. I knew that I wanted organic and natural soft colours with lavender being the accent colour. I am so thrilled with how everything turned out."








Denise was quoted on www.weddingobsession.com "I would have to say my favorite moment from my wedding day was during our ceremony I looked into the field behind us just for a moment and saw the two family horses side by side in the grass. It was one of those magical moments that you can’t describe the feeling."















Denise's advice for other brides..

"My advice for any bride would be that it is impossible to have flawless planning or zero stress leading up to the wedding but when you walk down the aisle and see your husband to-be’s face looking at you it is all worth it."










The DIY details are just DIVINE!!


















CONGRATULATIONS Denise and Ryan Thomson!!

Married on nine ten eleven <3 Kamloops, BC, Thomson Farm

Wedding Details...

Venue - Family Home
Bouquets and Centerpieces - Blooms Florist
Wedding Gown - Pronovias through Viva Bridal
Bridesmaids - J.Crew
Groomsmen - Tailored suits made in Thailand (Pre honeymoon purchase)
Hair and Make Up - Beauty Code Boutique
Maxi Frame Tent and Rentals - Wild Coast Productions Vancouver
Cake - Dairy Queen
Ceremony Music & DJ - Rhythm and I dos
Photographer - Owen Imaging
Videographer - Joy Factory Films
Custom Hanger: Lilafrances on Etsy
Guest Fingerprint Tree: Bleudetoi on Etsy
Stationery: LehanPaperDesign on Etsy
Hair Piece/Veil: Teeki Designs by Amy Oram (Australian designer on Etsy)



And...the most GORGEOUS wedding video....you must take a minute to watch... *tear

http://vimeo.com/31823613

Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous memories Denise and asking me to be a part of it.



Love and sunshine,
Amy
x

2 comments:

  1. Amy, I'm speechless! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it so much, beautiful bride, groom and wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete