Tuesday 24 January 2012

:: {Introducing...} Megan Vaughan of Makeup By Megan ::

I get asked a lot about other industry professionals that I can recommend - so I thought I would introduce some of the people I know and have worked with in the bridal industry that I think are A^MAZING!

First cab off the rank is the ever-so-sweet Megan Vaughan of Makeup By Megan.


Client: Erin Louise for "Ell" Collection
Photographer: Luisa Brimble



I first worked with Megan on one of Teeki's photoshoots and was blown away with her professionalism, knowledge, enthusiasm and love for what she does. I would recommend her in a heart-beat, her work is flawless, and I look forward to working with her again on shoots in the future!



 Client: Teeki for "Whisper those words to me again..." Collection
Photographer: Amy Nelson-Blain



A little insight into the world of Megan Vaughan <3

How long have you been beautifying brides/in the industry?
I have worked in the wedding industry for over 15 years now (and have just realised that makes me sound really old!)

What is your favourite memory from your wedding day?
There are too many to list. I was married 8 years ago and I remember the entire day like it was yesterday. Listening to my hubby's speech was probably the highlight. He is not a romantic, but that speech was the most heartfelt I have ever heard from him - and he said it in front of 140 guests. It brought a tear to my eye.

What do you love most about working in the wedding industry?
I LOVED every aspect of planning my own wedding, so I LOVE meeting new brides and listening to their stories and wedding details.

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An illustrator for Walt Disney and a rollerskating snowflake in the Walt Disney World Christmas parade.



Client: "Real Bride" Kim Preen
Photographer: D&V Photography


What do you want to achieve in the next 10 years? Where do you want to be?
In 10 years I will be settled on 5-10 acres in the Kangaroo Valley, I will be represented by an agent and will be working weddings on weekends and fashion/editorial during the week. I am hoping to have been around the world a few times by then and have a French & Italian Vogue cover or two under my belt :0)

How do your friends describe you?
Funny, generous, ambitious, fiercely loyal

Favourite Bridal dress designer?
It's a tie between Elie Saab and Marchesa

If you could be a celebrity for a day, who would it be?
Rachel Zoe

 
Client: Erin Louise Summer 2011/2012 Lookbook
Photographer: Luisa Brimble


Client: "Frankie & Bloom" shoot with Margaret Zhang
Photographer: Luisa Brimble


Client: "Real Bride" Beverly Kennedy
Photographer: Emma St Ledger

  
Client: "A Sweet Whimsey" styled by Moi :)
Photographer and concept: Luisa Brimble


Megan is based in Sydney and accepts overseas and interstate bookings.

To make an enquiry or booking please phone Megan on 0421.610.150 or complete an online enquiry form.
 
 
 
Client: "Real Bride" Penelope Thomas-Burrows
Photographer: Photography by Nadean
 
 
 Client: Engagement Shoot with Tabitha Emma Patterson & Daniel Bray
Photographer: Luisa Brimble 
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed this blog post and found it inspiring and helpful! Stay tuned for more posts on people I adore - such as photographers, hair stylists, florists, event stylists and more...
 
Love and sunshine,
Amy
xx
 


1 comment:

  1. love your blog amy..it all looks great!! great job.you are an inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete